When Someone wants to use the outlook account on an android phone, they will prefer to use it through the outlook app rather than the built-in mail app.
Because the email login process on the outlook app is more accessible than the android mail app.
Also, outlook apps are pretty fast in the syncing process. Whenever you perform send & receive activity on the outlook android app, it will be done within a few seconds.
But sometimes, the android phone stops syncing with the outlook servers. Due to this, users can’t send or receive emails.
Why is my Outlook not receiving emails on the android phone?
When Outlook is not receiving emails on the android phone, you should inspect the Mobile data or WIFI connection. Most probably, the Internet is off on your device, and that’s why you can’t receive emails on the outlook android app.
Apart from this, there can be other reasons for hotmail not getting emails on android phones. Some of them are available below.
- The outlook password has been changed.
- Auto-sync is off.
- Application glitch on the phone.
- DND/ Airplane Services is active on the phone.
- Problem found at the outlook server.
- Mail application problem.
What to do When Outlook is not receiving emails on an android phone or tablet?
Check emails on the outlook webmail-
You need to open the outlook web account when you don’t get the new emails on the outlook android phone. Now, check do you see the new emails there or not?
If your inbox is not showing the new messages. It means something is wrong with the Account settings or server-side. So you need to check the mail filters, forwarding & junk mail settings.
- Open the browser on the android phone.
- Go to the outlook.com
- Click on the sign-in button.
- Now log into the outlook account.
- Check the inbox now.
But if you can see the new emails on the outlook webmail, it means the problem is within the outlook application or android phone. So you need to troubleshoot it by following the steps given below.
Check The Internet-
Let’s go ahead and check the internet connection on android. Ensure the Internet is active and fast enough to download the emails from outlook servers.
If the Internet is off on the android phone. You need to enable them by following the guide given below.
Turn on the Mobile data-
- Go to the Settings on the android phone.
- Press the Sim Card & Mobile data option.
- Turn on the Mobile Data.
Connect the Android phone to the WIFI-
- Open the Settings.
- Press the WIFI.
- If the WIFI is off, you need to Turn It On.
- Now tap on the WIFI Name.
- Click on the Connect button.
Enable the Auto Sync Feature –
If Outlook is not receiving emails on the android phone. You need to check that the sync settings are on.
- Open the settings.
- Click on the User accounts & passwords, Accounts & passwords or mail accounts, etc.
- Enable the automatically synchronized person account data.
Reconfigure The Account-
When you have changed the outlook password and didn’t update it on the android phone, it will no longer be able to sync to the outlook servers. That’s why the android phone is not downloading emails from the outlook servers. In that a case, you need to reconfigure the account.
- Open the Outlook App.
- Tap on the Profile picture.
- Press The Settings.
- Tap on the email address available in the mail accounts section.
- Now swipe up and then click on the Delete account.
- Now Reboot your phone.
- After opening the outlook application.
- Click on the profile picture.
- Press the settings.
- In the mail account section, Tap on the add an email address,
- Enter your outlook email address and click on the Next button.
- Now enter your outlook password and click on the sign-in button.
Finally, your outlook account will be added to the android phone. It may now take some time to download the emails.
Check The service Status –
When Outlook services are down. you might have trouble in accessing the fetching the outlook data. At that point, you have to wait until the services will start working fine. In case, if Services are running fine but still getting the syncing error. you can talk to the Chat Email Support jobs on Jooble to get assistance.
Clear The App cache –
When Outlook is not getting emails on the android phone, it is having trouble loading the mailbox. There might be a problem with the app cache, and that’s why it might have difficulty downloading the messages.
So you need to remove the app cache and then retry to access the mailbox.
- Tap and hold the outlook app icon.
- Click on the app info.
- Here, you need to click on the storage usage.
- Now click on the clear data and then hit the clear cache button.
Once the outlook app is cleaned, you need to re-add the outlook account.
Update the mail application –
Suppose you are using the older version of the outlook application. It may have a problem connecting with the outlook account, and that happens due to the SSL or security issue.
In that a case, you have to update the mail application. After that, the outlook app will start syncing with the mail server.
- Open the Outlook application.
- Tap on the profile picture.
- Now press the manage apps and devices.
- Click on the update all or update button next to the outlook account.
Reinstall the outlook application –
If you have tried all these steps but can’t receive emails on the Outlook Android app. You need to uninstall the mail application and now install the newer version of Outlook.
- Tap & hold the outlook app.
- Press the Uninstall button
- Now open the Play store.
- Type outlook in the search box.
- Once you see the Outlook in the search result, you need to press the install button.