A driver is a program that instructs hardware on how to function on a user’s command. For example- whenever you want to access the camera on the Lenovo laptop. You will click on the camera app. Now a driver will activate the camera on your computer.
When something goes wrong with the Lenovo camera driver, your camera will stop working on the Lenovo computer. At that time, You have to update the Driver.
Some of you might not be aware of how to update the camera driver on the Lenovo laptop. So I have written an easy guide to updating the Lenovo camera driver.
Generally, There are two ways to update the camera drivers on a Lenovo laptop. You can either use the automatic driver update method or the manual update process. Here In this blog, I am sharing both ways. But you can use any single method.
How To update the Driver on Lenovo Laptop Automatically?
- Let’s Power On The Lenovo laptop and connect it to the internet.
- Press Windows + X button on the Keyboard.
- Click on the device manager.
- Once the device manager window is open, you must expand the camera section.
- Now Right-click on the Camera.
- Click On the Update driver.
- How do you search for drivers window, click on the Search automatically for drivers?
Finally, The Lenovo laptop will start updating the camera.
How To Update The Camera Driver Manually On Lenovo Laptop?
If you are unable to update the Driver using the automatic update method. Do not worry; you can do it manually. For that, you have to download the latest version of Driver. After that, update it using the device manager.
Download the Driver –
- Open the browser on your computer.
- Go to the https://support.lenovo.com/
- Click on the Detect Product button. If the Lenovo website cannot detect the model number. You can enter it manually.
- Go to the Drivers & Software.
- Now Press the download button available next to the Camera Driver.
Update the Driver Manually-
Once you get the Driver from Lenovo’s official website, it’s time to update It on your Laptop. So Here are the process for that.
- Press the Windows + X button.
- Click on the Device Manager.
- Now Click on the Camera.
- Right-Click on the Camera, Press the update driver.
- Now click on the Browse my computer for drivers.
- Select the Driver location from your computer.
- Now Click on the open button.
- Once the Driver updates, you need to click on the Finish button.
Finally, your Driver will be updated on the Lenovo laptop. In case, If your Lenovo laptop camera does not work, you need to enable the camera on the Lenovo laptop.