In the modern tech edge, Laptops are not limited to official work only. Besides this, they are also becoming a source of entertainment and communication. That’s why Lenovo is providing the built-in high-definition Camera on their laptop. So, whenever you miss your friends, family or loved ones. You can easily get in touch with them with the help of a video camera.
Are you a new Lenovo laptop user and don’t know how to turn on the Camera? You can do it by using the shortcut keys on the keyboard. Generally, you can turn on the Camera by pressing Fn + F6 or Fn + F9 or pressing F8 or F10. You will see the camera icon on that button. It may also be different according to the laptop’s model number.
If you cannot turn on the Camera through these short keys. Do not panic; you can also turn on or off the Camera from windows settings. Want to know how? Here is the guide to fixing it.
How To Turn On the Camera On Lenovo Laptop?
If you want to turn on the Camera on your laptop. You can access it by using the camera app. Here are the instructions for that.
- Power on the Lenovo laptop.
- Press the windows button.
- Now click on All apps.
- Here, you need to click on the camera option.
- Finally, the Camera will be open on your screen. You may now start recording.
How Do you turn on the Camera Access for Some specific Apps on a Lenovo laptop?
If you want to grant permission to access Camera on some specific apps. You can do it through windows settings.
- Press Windows + X button to access the Camera.
- Click on the Settings.
- Here you need to click on Privacy & security.
- In-app permission section, you need to click on the camera option.
- Now you can turn on and off the access to the specific app.
Finally, permission will be granted to the Camera.
Note- do not grant the camera access permission to the third party or unknown apps. They might breach Privacy.
How To Turn on or off the Camera Systemwide in Lenovo laptop?
If you are currently unable to access the Camera on a Lenovo laptop. You need to enable or disable it via systemwide settings. Here is the guide for that.
- Open the Settings. (Press Windows + X >> Click on the settings).
- Click on the Privacy and security option.
- Here, you need to click on the Camera option.
- Now you can turn on or off the camera access by sliding the button.
How To Disable my Camera from device manager?
If you want to disable the camera access from the device manager. You can do it by using the instructions given below.
- Press the Windows + r button on the keyboard.
- Type devmgmt.msc
- Press the ok button.
- Click on the cameras
- Now right-click on the Camera.
- Click on the Disable Device button.
Finally, the Camera will be disabled on your device if you want to enable it again. You can go back to the device manager. Here, you need to right-click on the Camera and click on the enabled device.
Where is the camera slider in the Lenovo laptop?
The camera slider is available upwards or downwards in the Camera. You can press the slide button to activate or deactivate the Camera.
How To Test My Webcam?
You can easily test the webcam through the internet, So open the browser. Here you need to type test my webcam. Now click on the link and grant the camera access permission to the browser. If your Camera is showing the pictures now. It means it is working perfectly.
You can also visit: