There was a time when we had to use different machines for every work. A separate printer was required for printing, a scanner machine for scanning, and a fax machine for fax. So that our work table was always filled with machines.
But as technology changed, the printer became an all-rounder in all these tasks. Like its brother all in one printer, through this printer you can print, fax and scan. You will not need a separate print machine.
If you are a Brother printer user and you do not know how to fax from a Brother printer, you can take the help of this guide.
As we earlier said, you can easily send a fax from Brother all in one printer, but there are several limitations. So, before we go ahead and learn about sending a fax process, we just need to learn about the limitations.
Limitations of sending a Fax using scanner glass-
- The scanner glass is eligible to scan one page at a time only. So you will be able to fax one page only at a time. That’s all because it does not have an automatic feeder.
- The document should be in the A4 size.
- Brother scanner glass is capable of sending the multi-pages in monochrome format. You won’t be able to send multiple color pages. If you want to do so, you have to use the brother adf machine.
The process to send a fax from brother Scanner glass-
- First, you need to power on the brother all in one printer.
- Once you get the ready screen, you need to put the document on the scanner glass.
- Now Press the Fax Option.
- Here, you need to click on the sending fax option.
- Your brother machine will now ask for the fax number, so you need to enter the recipient’s fax number.
- Press the start fax button after dialing the fax number.
- If you want to fax a document in color, you need to click on the yes; otherwise, click on the no button to send it in the monochrome format.
- If you are sending a single page, click on the no button; otherwise, press the yes button to send multiple faxes.
- Now click on the ok.
- Finally, your machine will start scanning all pages; once the pages are scanned, you need to press the no button to send the Fax.
How to send a fax using the Brother ADF machine?
If you are using the brother ADF (Automatic Document Feeder), you can follow the instructions below.
- Open the ADF tray in your printer.
- Insert the document into the ADF tray.
- Now click on the fax option.
- Here, you need to click on the Fax.
- Press the sending Fax button.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number.
- Click on the Fax Start option.
Finally, the brother machine will send the Fax. in case it is not sending the Fax, you need to check the phone cable. Make sure the cable is connected properly.
Faq’s Related to the Brother printer Fax issue
Can I fax from my brother printer without a phone line?
No, you can’t fax without a phone line because the phone is the primary medium for connectivity.
Can you fax over WiFi?
Yes, you can. You have to use the Online fax portal, which allows you to scan the document.
How to fax a color document in the monochrome format in a brother printer?
To do that, you need to color settings on the brother printer. Here, you need to select the color option as monochrome printing. Now try to print something from your device.
Can I Fax Using The Fax On Brother Printer?
You can do it by using the eFax service. Here, you can directly receive the Fax through email.
Can you fax Front and back?
It is possible in the Brother ADF Or duplex machine. The automatic feeder machine is able to feed the paper. So once your machine scans one side, the printer roller will provide the paper again and scan another side of it.
You Can Also Visit: