A Brother printer allows you to scan the documents in various formats from the computer and smartphones. Generally, a printer is set up to scan the documents as an image. So whenever you will scan any documents, it will be saved on your computer or smartphone as a PNG or JPEG file.
However, If you want to get your brother printer to scan as a PDF, you can open the control center on the brother printer and press the scan button. Now you need to select the file type as PDF and then click on the ok button. In case, if you need the information in detail, you can follow the steps given below.
How do I get my brother printer to scan the documents as a PDF on the windows computer?
If you are using the Windows 10 or windows 11 computer, you can follow the steps given to scan the document in PDF format.
Method 1- Scan the brother printer To PDF from control center –
- Click on the start button.
- Press the all apps button.
- Here, you need to click on the Brother printer.
- Here, you need to click on the control center 4.
- Once the control center 4 window is opened, you need to click on the scan tab.
- Select the document type as text.
- Now press the scan button.
- Once the document or file is scanned, you will see the image on your computer screen. You need to click on the save button.
- Now Give it a name and then select the file type as PDF.
Method 2- Scan the Document as a pdf from windows fax & scan –
If you are using the windows fax & scan instead of control center 4 for the scanning job. You can follow the steps given below to change the file type.
- Click on the search button available in the task manager.
- Type windows fax in the search box.
- Now click on the windows fax and scan from the search result.
- Now click on the new scan button.
- Here, you need to select the scan type as a file and then click on the PDF option.
- Press the ok button.
How To Get Brother Printer To Scan The Documents As PDF?
To scan a document from brother printer to mac computer, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Open the Brother iPrint & scan.
- Click on the select the file type.
- Choose it as a PDF,
- Click on the ok button.
How To Scan a Document from Brother printer to PDF On iPhone?
If you want to scan the documents on the brother printer from iPhone. you can follow the steps given below on your brother printer.
- Put the document in the brother printer.
- Open the brother air print app.
- Press the scan button.
- Select the file type as PDF.
- Click on the done button.
So this the guide to get your brother printer scan the document as a PDF from computer or smartphone. In case, if your brother printer won’t scan to windows 10 computer, you need to check the settings from devices and printers.