If you cannot print the documents from the brother printer, you should check the ink level on the brother printer. Most probably, the ink cartridge or toner cartridge is running out of ink, which is why the brother printer cannot print the documents.
The ink volume on the brother printer can be checked through the computer and printer itself. If your printer has a display available, you can measure the ink volume by going to Ink Settings through the Printer Control Panel.
Somehow, if you’re using a non-display printer, you’ll need a smartphone or computer to view the ink volume.
This article will talk about how to check ink in a brother printer through a computer, printer control panel, and smartphone.
Whenever you also want to check the remaining ink volume on your printer, you can measure the volume through any one of these methods.
How to check the ink volume on the brother printer?
When using the brother printer that has the display available, you can quickly check the ink level by following the techniques given below.
- First of all, power on the brother machine.
- Once, you will see the home screen.
- Now press the menu button.
- Go to the ink by using the touch bar or arrows. (If you don’t see the ink option in the menu, you need to go to the Settings >> maintenance >> ink Volume)
- Now Select the Ink volume option and then click on the ok button.
- Finally, you will see the ink volume on the screen.
If your printer is indicating the low volume on the specific cartridge. You need to replace that ink cartridge on the brother printer.
How To Check the ink Level on the brother printer From Windows or Mac Computer?
If you are using the non-display printer or unable to check the ink level on the brother printer through the printer panel. You can measure the ink volume through the windows or mac computer.
Check the ink level on the brother printer from windows 10 or windows 11 computers-
- Power on the computer and printer.
- Connect the brother printer to the computer.
- Now click on the start button.
- Go to the all apps section.
- Select the brother and then click on the brother utility app.
- Once the brother utility app is launched, you need to click on the scan tab.
- Now click on the control center 4 option.
- Finally, you will see the ink tank volume on the bottom of the control center 4 windows.
Check the ink volume on the brother printer from the mac computer-
You have to follow the instructions given below to check the ink level on the brother printer through the Mac computer.
- Power on the brother machine and connect it to the Mac computer.
- Go to the application.
- Click on the brother application.
- Now click on the control center.
- Press the device settings option available under the control center menu.
- Finally, Click on the ink volume button.
FAQs related to the ink measurement on brother machine-
How to check the toner level on the brother hl-l2320d printer?
To check the toner level on the brother hl-2320d or any other HL series printer, you must follow the steps below.
- Turn on the Brother machine.
- Go to the machine info and press the ok button.
- Now select the parts life using the up and down keys, and then click on the ok button again.
- Pick the toner life option and then press the ok button.
Now you will see the toner volume on the screen; if it shows the low volume, you need to replace the toner cartridge on the brother printer.
How to check toner level in brother mfc2700dw printer?
If you want to check the toner level on the brother mfc2700dw or other laserjet printers, you can follow the steps given below.
- Power on the brother machine.
- Go to the machine info.
- Click on the parts life option.
- Click on the toner life.
Finally, you will see the toner level on the printer screen.
Also, you can check this through print settings. To do that, you need to press the go button 3 times. Now your printer will print a report, and you can check the toner volume on that report.
You can also read: