Cookies & Cache are helpful in loading the website data quickly. When you download the data from any website for the first, your browser will save some essential loading files in the Cache. So once you retry to load the same website, It will load the data using those files. That’s why many companies, including Gmail, use it to speed up the load time.
Although, there is no harm in using the cache files from the user’s point of view. But sometimes, you might have trouble loading Gmail’s mailbox because of the old cache data. When Gmail makes some major core updates, your browser tries to load the mailbox using the old cache data, and it won’t be able to access the mailbox successfully. At such time, you might deal with the Gmail Running So Slow or other loading issues.
To fix that error, you have to delete the Cache from your browser or smartphone. So if you can’t access the Gmail account currently and looking for a way to Clear the Gmail cache, you can follow the instructions given below.
How To Clear Gmail Cache On Computer?
Uncheck the Use Gmail offline Option-
When you cannot fetch the new data from Gmail and view the Gmail in the offline mode. In that a case, you need to disable the Gmail offline mode. Now retry to reaccess the Gmail account. To do that, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Open the regular browser on your computer.
- Go to the Gmail.com website and sign in to the Gmail account.
- Now click on the settings.
- Here, you need to click on the see all settings.
- Press the offline tab available next to the browser.
- Uncheck the Enable offline mail option.
After clearing the checkmark from Enable offline mail option, you need to clear the Gmail cache data from your browser.
Delete Cache from Google chrome –
If Gmail won’t load on Google chrome successfully due to the cookies or browsing data problem. You can clear them using the details given below.
- Open google chrome.
- Click on the menu: button.
- Go to the settings.
- Here, you need to click on the privacy and security option.
- Press the Clear browsing data option.
- Now select the time frame as all time.
- Check all boxes, and click on the clear data button.
Clear the Gmail cache from Firefox-
If you are having trouble loading the Gmail account on Mozilla Firefox. You can delete the browser or cache data using the instructions below.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox.
- Type about: preferences#privacy in the address box and press the ok button.
- Now click on the clear data button.
- Check the Cached Web Content, Cookies, and Site Data.
- Press the Clear button.
Clear the Gmail Cache from Microsoft Edge Browser-
- Open the Microsoft Edge Browser.
- Enter edge://settings/siteData and Press the enter button.
- Click on the Remove all button.
- If you want to delete the Gmail cache only, you need to press the menu button and click on the Delete button.
Delete the Gmail cache from Safari Or another browser-
If you are using the Safari app on the mac, you can quickly delete the Cache by using the browser.
- Open The Safari Browser.
- Click on the History.
- Now press the Clear History button.
How To Clear the Gmail Cache on Android Phone-
When Gmail is not syncing on the android phone due to the cache problem, you can quickly delete app data or browsing data. Right after that, your device will start working fine.
For the Google Chrome browser –
- Open the Google chrome On the android phone.
- Tap on the Menu.
- Click on the settings.
- Click on privacy and security.
- Here, you need to Clear browsing data.
For Android Browser-
- Tap on the browser app.
- Press the menu.
- Tap on the Settings option from the menu.
- Now tap on the clear data button.
- Here, you need to select the cache option.
- Press the delete button.
Clear Cache Data on Gmail app-
When you are using the email account on the Gmail android app., you can clear the data by using the instructions given below.
- Tap & hold the Gmail app.
- Click on the app info.
- Now tap on the manage data button.
- Here, you need to tap on the clear cache button.
- Now click on the clear data button as well.
How To Delete The Gmail Cache on iPhone?
Gmail works completely fine on the iphone, but somehow it has stopped working on the iPhone or iPad. You can clear the data by using the instructions given below.
For Chrome browser-
If you are using the web version of Gmail on the iPhone. You can delete the cache data from the browser.
- Open the google chrome on the iphone.
- Tap on the menu.
- Click on the settings.
- Select the Clear browsing data.
- Select the data and then click on the Clear data.
- Open the safari browser.
- Tap on the history.
- Click on the clear history.
Clear the data on the Gmail IOS app –
if you cannot access the Gmail account through the Gmail iOS app., you will not get an option to clear the cache data option. To do that, you have to remove the app and then reinstall it into the iphone.