When you access Gmail on Google, you expect the best performance from it. Because both of these are Google’s products, they are both compatible with each other.
No doubt, Gmail works perfectly on the chrome browser. But sometimes, Chrome may not be able to load the Gmail website due to some critical errors.
When a user tries to open the Gmail account on google chrome. They have to struggle with one of the following errors.
- I Can’t open this page.
- Connection is not private.
- Chrome is showing a blank Gmail page with a loading symbol.
- I Can’t access this page.
- Gmail temporary error.
Here in this blog, we will discuss what causes the Gmail won’t open problem and how to fix it?
Why Does Gmail Won’t Load In Google Chrome?
Generally Gmail is not opening in the google chrome due to the internet connection issue. However, sometimes, It may stops working because of the following other reasons.
- Extensions are blocking the connection.
- Gmail’s Services are down for a while.
- Other Browser related issues.
- Computer’s security is blocking the program.
- Network Related Issues.
How do I fix Gmail Not Opening In The Google Chrome?
1. Use the incognito window-
When Gmail won’t open in google chrome and showing a blank page with a loading symbol. Let’s open the Gmail account on the private (incognito) window.
- Launch the chrome browser on the computer.
- Press the Chrome menu icon presented at the top right corner.
- Click on the new incognito window.
- Type Gmail.com in the search bar and press enter.
2. Clear browsing data-
If Gmail is not loading on the google chrome browser and showing a completely blank page, you should clear the browsing data by following these techniques.
- Open the chrome browser.
- Press CTRL + H to open chrome history tab.
- Click on the Clear browsing data option.
- Choose the time range as All-Time from the dropdown menu.
- Select All options like- browsing history, cookies and other site date etc.
- Click on the clear data.
3. Clear the Gmail & other google bookmarks-
Let’s clear all bookmarks related to the google services from the chrome browser. Now reload the Gmail website.
- Let’s Launch the chrome browser.
- Click on the Menu.
- Now click on the Bookmarks.
- Press the Bookmark Manager.
- Now click on the three dots available right side of Gmail’s URL.
- Press the delete option.
Now do the same to remove other google URLS as well. type www.gmail.com in the top address bar and surf it.
4.Inspect The Internet Connection-
Whenever Gmail won’t open on the chrome browser, Please check the internet connection on the pc. Users often can’t sign into the Gmail account using the browser due to the internet connections only.
So make sure that the PC is connected to internet via Ethernet or Wireless connection.
To verify the connection, You may try to access any other website like- Facebook, Yahoo, etc., on chrome. Can you access these websites or not?
If not, you need to troubleshoot the internet connection on the device.
5. Configure manual DNS servers-
If Gmail won’t load in google chrome and getting this page is not available along with the Err_DNS_Failed.
This means your DNS server is unable to resolve the DNS Query. So, you have to modify the DNS server with the following.
Primary address- 220.127.116.11
Secondary address- 18.104.22.168
For windows pc-
- Let’s initiate the run box (press Windows + R key simultaneously).
- Type NCPA.cpl and press the ok button.
- Right-click on the network adapter.
- Click on the Properties.
- Select TCP/IPV4 version, press the Properties button again.
- Press the radio button presented in front of use the following DNS address
- Now Fill the primary and Secondary DNS IP address. which is: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- After filling in the address, please press the apply changes or ok
Once you make these changes to the DNS server, it is required to reboot your computer once. After that, you may re-access the Gmail website.
You can also visit : Why does my Gmail says no connection?
For Mac Pc-
- Go to the network preferences.
- Pick your network adapter from the list and click on the advanced
- Now Click on the DNS option, and press the +
- Type the primary and secondary addresses.
- Press the apply and ok button.
6. Remove extra extensions–
- Open the chrome browser.
- Click On the Menu button and Press the more tools.
- Press the extensions.
- Now press the remove button available below the extensions.
7. Check proxy settings on browser-
Some users can’t load Gmail into google chrome and receives the private error due to the proxy server reason.
Gmail doesn’t trust the proxy servers as a secure connection. If you have turned on the proxy for chrome browser, it may not open the chrome or any other browser correctly.
In such a circumstance, you have to disable the proxy using these techniques.
- Let’s open the control panel window (start >> control panel).
- Click on the internet option (you may find it under the network and internet)
- Click on the Connections.
- Now press the LAN settings.
- Uncheck the proxy server option.
- Press the ok button to save settings.
For MAC users-
- Go to the network preference.
- Click on the network adapter.
- Pick up the network adapter and click on the advanced key.
- Press the proxy tab.
- Uncheck the proxy server option and then press the ok button.
Now let’s restart the browser and then see what do you see on your browser now?
8. Disable the antivirus-
Apart from the proxy servers, an antivirus can also cause the “can’t load Gmail on chrome” issue.
Your antivirus might be blocking the Gmail website; that’s why Gmail doesn’t load in chrome. So turn off the antivirus protection entirely for 15 minutes, and then reload the Gmail website in chrome.
9. Update the chrome browser-
An outdated browser can be the reason for Gmail won’t open in chrome issue. If you are using an outdated browser, it may not load the HTTPS:// certificates or other required data properly.
You should keep checking for the browser update; if there is any update available, you may update it right now.
- Let’s launch the chrome browser.
- Press the menu icon and click hover to the help.
- Click on the About google chrome option.
- Now chrome will automatically start searching for the update; if it finds any update, it will update itself independently.
10. Install a new browser-
Right after making these changes, if Gmail won’t load on chrome yet. You should uninstall google chrome from your pc, now download the latest chrome setup and install it into your pc.
Queries Related To Gmail not opening Searches:
Why Does gmail won’t load on android ?
If you can’t open the Gmail on the android browser, you should clear the app data. If that doesn’t work, you should uninstall the app and reinstall it. Also allow the less secure apps from the Gmail security tabs.
How do you clear your cache Google Chrome?
If you want to clear the cache on the Google chrome. Here are the guide to fix the problems.
- Open the Google chrome.
- Go to the chrome://settings/privacy
- Press the clear browsing data.
- Select All Options and click on the clear data button.
You may also visit: