Once you have set up a Gmail account on the iPhone, it can be easily accessed through the Mail application. The mail application directly syncs the data from the Gmail servers. But sometimes, the mail application can’t connect itself to the server, and it shows the Gmail offline error on the iphone.
At such a point in time, the users will not only be restricted from receiving the emails, but they will also not be able to respond or send a new message through the iphone.
Why does my Gmail say offline on iphone?
Generally, Gmail says offline on the iphone because of the internet connectivity issue. When the iPhone is not connected to the Internet, or the DNS servers are not responsive. The Mail application will show you the offline error. Besides this, some other elements can also be responsible for Gmail saying offline error on iphone.
- The Internet is slow.
- Offline mode has been activated on Gmail.
- Application cookies or cache files are blocking Gmail.
- No internet on the Gmail account.
How Do I Get my Gmail back online on iphone?
So far, we know the reason for Gmail is showing an offline error on the iphone. Now it’s time to get it back online. If you don’t know how to do that? Here is the tutorial for that, and you can apply it on your device.
Turn on the Mobile data-
Suppose you are using the Internet on the iphone through mobile data. Please turn on the mobile data.
- Open the settings on the iphone.
- Tap on the mobile data.
- If it is off, you need to turn that on.
Connect the iphone to the wifi-
When you are using the Internet on the iPhone through Wi-Fi, you need to make sure that the phone is connected to the wireless network.
- Open the settings.
- Go to the WIFI.
- Connect your phone with the wifi network.
Disable the Gmail Offline Feature-
If the Internet is active on the iphone, but It keeps showing the Gmail says offline error. You should go to the account settings and check the offline settings. If offline mode is activated on Gmail, you need to disable that.
- Open the Gmail account on Chrome or another browser.
- Click on the settings.
- Now click on the see all settings button.
- Here, you need to click on the Offline tab.
- Uncheck the Offline.
- Finally, press the save changes button.
Update the mail application-
Sometimes, Gmail keeps showing the offline error message on the iphone because of the application issues. So you should update the mail application.
- Open the app store.
- Tap on the apple profile pic.
- Swipe up and tap on the update button next to the mail app.
If the Gmail account won’t come back online after updating the mail app on the iphone. You need to install the Gmail official app on the iphone. Now try to reaccess the mail application.
Reconfigure the account-
If you have tried the above steps, but Gmail is not coming back online on the iphone. You need to remove the Gmail account from the phone. Now add your Gmail account to the phone using the correct email settings. Your account will start working fine for you then.
- Open the settings.
- Go to the accounts & passwords.
- Now tap on the accounts.
- Press on the Gmail account.
- Tap on the delete account button.
- Press the delete button to remove the Gmail account from the iphone.
- After removing the account, you need to press the add account button.
- Enter the Gmail login information and then click on the done button.
Finally, your account will be added to the Gmail iphone. You need to open the mail application, and the mail account should be online.
Whenever you see the Gmail says offline error on the iphone. You need to check the internet connection first. If there are no internet issues, you need to remove the account and then re-add it.
You can also visit: