What to do:
Delete the folder- Open Hotmail account >> right click on the folder >> Press the delete folder button.
Folder Recovery – Open the Hotmail account >> Click on the deleted items >> Right click on the Folder >> click on the move >> Select the folder location.
When you create an account on Hotmail or outlook.com, you will get some default mail folders in your mailbox. Apart from these mail folders, Hotmail also allows you to create or delete custom folders for your convenience.
If you have created some folders by mistake and now want to delete them. You can easily do it through your browser, iphone, or android phone.
Don’t know how? Here is the tutorial for that; you can apply it on your device.
How To Delete Folders In Hotmail Or Outlook.com?
- Boot up the computer and connect it to the internet.
- Now Open the browser.
- Type Outlook.com in the address bar. press the enter button.
- Let’s sign into the Outlook or Hotmail account now.
- Right-click on the Mail Folder available in the left pane.
- Now Press The Delete Folder button.
- Once you see the confirmation window, you need to click on the Ok button.
How To Delete Email Folders On Android?
outlook mobile app does not have feature to delete the mail folders. So if you using the hotmail on the outlook android or iOS app. you won’t be delete it through application.
However, If you will log into the outlook.com on browser. you can delete it by following the above procedure.
FAQs Related To The Outlook Mail Account?
What happens When You Delete The Outlook Mail Account?
When you delete a folder from a Hotmail account, all the emails in it are also deleted. If you do not want to delete any of those emails, you must first put that message in another folder and delete your mail folder from the mailbox.
How to restore the Deleted Folders On Hotmail account?
If you have accidentally deleted a mail folder from your Hotmail account, you can recover it within 30 days with the help of the following instructions.
- Open the Browser On the Computer.
- Go to the Outlook.com website.
- Log in to the Hotmail account.
- Once you see the mailbox, click on the Deleted Items button available in the left pane.
- Once you see the Deleted Mail folder in the list, you need to right-click on that.
- Now click on the move button.
- Here, you need to select the folders and click on the Move button.
- That’s it; your mail folders will be deleted now; you can go ahead and start enjoying the internet on your device.
Why Can’t I Delete Folders In the Hotmail?
Outlook allows you to delete the custom mail folders only, and you won’t delete the default folders in the mailbox. If you cannot delete the custom folders, you need to refresh the mailbox once and then click on the Delete button.
You can also read: