Brother printer stuck in the sleep mode is a widespread issue on the HL Series. Generally, when a brother machine goes into sleep mode, you need to press the power button to wake it up.
But if you have bought a new brother hl-l2340dw printer and won’t wake up during the setup process. That’s happening because your printer is in deep sleep mode.
The deep sleep mode feature will be activated on these printers by default. So you have to disable it while installing the printer.
If the brother printer is currently stuck in sleep mode and it won’t wake up. Do not worry; here are the techniques to fix such errors.
How Do I Take My Brother Printer Out Of Sleep Mode?
When your brother’s printer won’t wake up, you need to plug out the printer’s power cord. Wait for 2 minutes. Now plug in the cord and turn on the printer, and proceed to the next step.
Turn off the Deep Sleep Mode-
Once you see the ready or home screen on the printer, please follow these steps.
- Push the ‘menu or ok‘ key on the printer to launch the menu.
- Go to the ‘general setup‘ option by press the down arrow button.
- Once you see the ‘general setup’, press the ok button.
- Now press the down to reach the ‘Ecology’
- Press the ‘ok’ button when the ecology option appears.
- Now use the ‘down‘ arrow key to get the ‘Sleep time’
- Once you see the timer on the screen, push the ‘down arrow’ and ‘ok’ buttons simultaneously.
- You will find out the ‘deep sleep’ mode option; push the ‘Ok’
- If you see the deep sleep mode on, press the down button and hit the Ok
Finally, the Sleep mode option will be off on the printer.
Disable the Deep Sleep Mode From Computer-
If you cannot deactivate the sleep mode from the printer control panel, you can also do it from a windows or mac computer.
- Open the Control panel.
- Click on the Devices And Printers.
- Right-click on the Brother printer, and click on the Printing Preferences.
- Here, you need to click on the Advanced tab.
- Now click on the Other Print Options.
- Click on the Sleep Mode from the left pane.
- Now select the Sleep time manually at 99.
- Now press the ok button to save the settings.
For Mac computers-
- Open the brother printer application.
- Click on the file.
- Now Go to the print option.
- Here, you need to click on the Show details button.
- Select the print settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the Advanced button.
- Finally, choose the maximum sleep time.
- Click on the ok button.
You Can Also visit: How do I fix Brother printer not responding Problem?
Update the printer-
If you have turned off the deep sleep mode, but the brother printer is still stuck in the sleep mode, please try to update the firmware of the brother machine.
- Let’s download the brother printer firmware from the brother’s official website.
- Connect your printer to the computer.
- Run the setup file and press the yes button when the security window appears.
- Pick up the Brother machine from the list and press the Next
- Press the ‘i accept’ button to begin the firmware update.
- Now press the Next button and follow the process to update the firmware.
Reset The Printer To the Factory Settings-
If you still can’t get rid of brother printer stuck in sleep mode problem. I would recommend you reset your brother’s machine.
I want to remind you about some consequences before resetting it. If you reset the machine, you will lose all data log stored in it.
- Push the ‘menu’ or ‘Ok’ Key.
- Get to the ‘initial setup‘ option by pushing the down key.
- Press the ‘ok‘ button once you see the ‘initial setup’
- Reach to the reset option using the ‘Down’ key, press the ‘ok’ button once it appears.
- Use the down arrow button to reach the factory reset option and hit the ‘ok’ button again.
- Finally, hit the ‘ok’ button to begin the factory reset process.
Faqs For Brother machines:
How Do I Wake Up Brother Printer From sleep mode?
You can easily do It by pressing the ok button on the printer and giving the print command from your computer. It will automatically wake up for completing the task.
How do I turn off deep sleep on brother printer dcp-l2550dw?
The process is deactivating ‘sleep mode’ in the brother dcp-l2550dw is the same as for brother hl-l2340dw; I have shared that in this post.
How to fix the brother printer offline problem?
Please uncheck the use printer offline option on the computer. If that doesn’t work for you, you may visit: How to fix brother printer says offline?
How to increase or decrease the sleep mode time in the brother printer?
- Go to the general setup.
- Now get into the ecology option.
- Press the sleep time option.
- Enter the time between 0-99. This time will be in minutes.
- Press the button to save the sleep time settings.
So these are the general Techniques to get the brother printer out of sleep mode. Please encourage us by leaving the feedback in the comment box.
If you have any other queries about the brother machine, you can also leave that in the comment. I’ll try my best to solve that.