When you buy a brother printer, a manual also comes with it. With the help of which you can easily set up your printer. But don’t worry if you didn’t find the manual with the printer. I’m here to help with your installation process.
In this article we will talk about how to install any printer via network or USB.
What is the requirement to set up a brother printer?
- Usb/ Ethernet cable.
- Access to the wireless network.
- Computer or laptop.
- Brother printer driver setup.
How to install the brother printer into the windows computer through USB cable?
- Unbox the brother printer.
- Power it on.
- Now power on the computer.
- Go to the brother.com website and download the full driver for your brother printer model.
- Once the driver is downloaded, you need to run it on your computer.
- When you see the UAC control window click on the yes button.
- Press the Full driver and software Package.
- Select the connection type As USB Printer.
- Once you will see the printer in the list, you need to select that and click on the next button.
- Now the computer will start preparing the setup, it might take some time, so you need to wait for a while.
- Once you will get a license agreement window, you need to click on the yes button to accept the terms.
- Leave the installation mode selected as a standard setup, and then click on the next button.
- Now windows will install the software.it may take some time, so do not turn off the computer during that time.
- After completing the installation process, windows will show you the finish button, you need to click on that.
How to install the brother wireless Printer on the Windows Computer?
If you want to set up the brother printer as a wireless machine in your network. Then , first of all, you need to connect the brother printer to the wifi. To do that, you need power on the machine and follow the process given below.
- Press the menu or Ok button.
- Go to the network and push the ok button.
- Select the WLAN setup and then click on the ok button.
- Pick your network name and press the ok.
- Enter the wireless password and press the done option. In case, if printer is having trouble with the wireless connection. Please visit: why does my brother printer not connect to the wireless network.
- Once your printer is connected to the wifi, you need to connect the computer to the similar network.
- Now Run the brother printer setup on your computer.
- Accept the license and then click on the ok button.
- Choose the connection type as a wireless/ network printer and press the next key.
- Select the brother printer from the list and click on the next.
- Now select the setup type as standard and press the next button again.
- That’s it, your printer driver is being installed, once you see the finish button, you can click on it.
So these are the steps to set up the brother printer Through USB or network process. In case, if installation gets failure, you need to visit: Why I cannot install the brother printer driver on windows 10 or windows 11 computer?
Frequently asked questions related to the brother printer setup?
How to install the brother printer on a Mac computer?
First of all, you need to connect the brother machine to the mac through USB or network connection. Now install the brother printer driver and add a printer into the printing preferences. For more details, you can visit: How to connect brother printer to the mac?
How to install the brother printer without a CD?
When you buy a new machine. You will always get a CD along with the brother printer. But if you don’t have a CD/Drive into the computer. Not to worry, You can go to the brother official website and download the complete driver for your brother printer.
Are brother printers easy to install?
Definitely, you can easily install it on your computer or smartphone through the brother printer utility software or iPrint app.
How do I Get my brother printer to recognize the computer?
If your brother printer is not being recognized by the computer or network. You need to check the connection between computer & brother machine. If you are using the USB printer, disconnect the printer and then reconnect it.
In case, if you are using the brother wireless machine, please assure that the printer and computer are available in the same network. For more details, you can visit:
How to connect a brother printer to the iPhone?
If you want to connect a brother printer to the iPhone or iPad, you need to install the brother iPrint app on your computer. In case, if you need brief details, please feel free to visit: how to connect brother printer to the iphone?