Are you currently juggling with the brother printer not responding error? This is the most common error that can appear on windows or mac pc.
A printer is not responding error generally shows a communication problem.
When you give the command to print or scan from your computer, your printer won’t respond. Your computer generates this error code.
Here in this blog, we will discuss why brother does not respond on windows pc and how to fix it? So if you are currently unable to access the Printer on your computer. Follow the instructions given below.
Why Does My Brother printer Not Respond On Windows?
Most often, Brother printer won’t respond due to a communication problem. If Printer and computers are not pinging with each other, you will not be able to print or scan anything. That can happen due to the following reasons:
- Computers or Printers are not in a similar network.
- USB wire is not in working condition.
- The printer driver is unable to respond.
- The computer is running too slow.
- Firewall or antivirus are blocking the Printer.
- The printer firmware is out of date.
- Device hardware issues.
Now we know the reasons why does my brother printer say not responding. So It’s time to get it fixed on your windows or Mac Pc.
You can also visit: How to fix Paper Jam Error On Brother printer?
How To Fix Brother Printer Not Responding Error On Windows 10 Or Windows 11 Computer?
When Brother printer in error state on windows 10 or 11. you should change the following settings on windows computer and mac.
Step 1: Cancel All Print commands-
Once you see the Printer not responding error on the windows computer, you need to cancel all pending print commands.
- Double-click on the print icon available at the bottom taskbar.
- Right-Click on the Print-Job.
- Now click on the cancel.
- Once your print job is removed from the table, you need to perform the same action to cancel other jobs.
Step 2- Power Cycle The Printer & Windows computer-
Once you will cancel the print jobs on a windows pc. It’s time to restart the computer. So you should power cycle your devices in the following sequence.
- Reboot the computer.
- Unplug the power cable from your Printer. Please wait for a minute, and then plug it back in. Now power on the Printer. If your brother printer doesn’t turn on, you need to check the power wire.
Step 3- Check The USB Wire-
If you are using the brother printer on windows 10 through USB wire. You need to inspect the cord properly. Make sure that the Printer’s USB wire is in working condition.
- Disconnect the USB wire from Printer & computer. Please wait for a minute, and then reconnect it.
- Connect the Printer from the Different USB slots on the Pc.
- Assure that the USB cord is not broken. If it is so, you need to replace it.
- Reboot the Printer and computer after changing the USB slot.
Step 4 – Update the USB driver-
Sometimes, the Printer is not responding on windows 10 or windows 11 pc because of the driver issues. When USB drivers are not working, or they are outdated. Your computer won’t be able to communicate with the Printer.
So you need to open the device manager on your pc and update the USB driver.
- Open the Run Window. (Press Window and R key on the keyboard).
- Type Devmgmt.msc in the Run box.
- Press the Ok button.
- Expand The Universal Serial Controller Window.
- Right-click on the USB driver.
- Click on the update driver.
- Press The Search Automatically For updates Option.
Once your computer updates the driver, click on the finish button.
Step 5- Check the wireless connection –
If you are using the brother printer on the computer through wifi, it won’t respond to the print command. You need to check the connection.
Mostly, the Printer or computer is not connected to a similar network. So you need to check the WIFI profile on the computer and Printer.
At such time, you may also see the brother printer offline error. So go ahead and connect the computer and Printer to a similar network.
If your brother printer doesn’t connect to the WIFI network. You need to reset the network settings and reconnect it to the WIFI.
Step 6 – Optimize the Computer-
When Windows pc is running slow or infected with viruses to the computer.
You might have to struggle with brother printer not responding error. So it is essential to clean up the computer to get rid of this error.
- Uninstall the Unwanted programs from Pc.
- Clean the C:/ Drive by running the Cleanmgr command.
- Now scan the system Files by running the SFC /scannow command.
- Scan the computer to remove the virus.
- Update the windows computer.
Step 7 – Update the Printer Firmware-
Sometimes, the Brother printer does not respond because of the firmware issue.
When using the old version of printer firmware, it won’t work at its full capacity. At such time, you might go through the brother printer not responding error.
- Connect the brother printer to the computer.
- Download & run the brother firmware updater tool.
- Select the firmware.
- Click on the install button.
Step 8- Uninstall The Brother Printer –
If you have tried the above steps but brother printer is not responding on windows computer.
There might be a problem with the printer driver. So you need to uninstall the brother printer from the computer. Now install the new brother printer driver.
- Open the Run Window.
- Type Appwiz.cpl
- Click on the Ok button.
- Select the brother printer.
- Click on the Uninstall.
- Press the Yes.
Step 9-Factory Reset the Printer-
After applying these steps, If the brother printer won’t respond on a windows 10 computer. You need to reset the Printer to the factory settings.
- Power on the Brother printer.
- Go to the Settings or setup.
- Press the Reset button.
- Click on the Ok.
- Click on the Restore Factory settings.
- Press the Ok button.
So these are the brother printer won’t respond on the windows computer. I hope your brother printer will start printing or scanning the papers.