Windows 10 comes up with the built-in mail app. So you don’t have to install third-party apps to manage the email accounts. Also, Microsoft has given a really simple user interface. So everyone can easily manage their email.
No doubt, It has an easy account configuration process. Still, some users may have a problem adding their Gmail accounts.
When they make an attempt to add the Gmail account to the Windows 10 mail app, they have to deal with one of these errors:
- I can’t Add Gmail Account.
- Windows 10 mail is not syncing with the Gmail server.
- Action required settings are out of date.
- Error 0x8007042b.
- Something went wrong.
I understand these kinds of errors are quite irritating, and they can also force you to think of switching on some other mail client program. But Honestly speaking, that’s not a solution at all. You can also go through the Can’t add Gmail account problem on other mail applications.
So, without wasting more time, Let’s learn how to fix Gmail not syncing with the windows 10 mail app problem.
Why is my Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 Mail?
Generally, users cannot sync the Gmail to windows 10 mail because of the incorrect login credentials. Besides this, users can’t add Gmail to Windows 10 for the following reasons.
- Imap/ Pop 3 servers are not active on Gmail.
- Imap /pop3 servers are miss configured on the windows 10 mail app.
- Gmail is blocking the syncing process.
- Firewall/ Security programs are blocking the mail app.
- Internet/ Network is not working correctly on the device.
- Windows 10 mail application is causing the problem.
How Do I Fix Gmail Not Syncing With The Windows 10 Mail app? Can’t add Gmail into the Windows 10 mail
We know why you can’t add Gmail to the Windows 10 mail app. So Let’s go ahead and get that fixed by following the steps given below.
Check the Login Credentials-
When you can’t Sync Gmail into the windows 10 mail app, it keeps showing Gmail settings are out of date error. You need to update the login credentials.
Mostly, You have reset the Gmail password but didn’t update it on the mail application. That’s why It can’t access the Gmail account. You can use the following procedure to update the Gmail password on the windows 10 mail app.
- Click On Start.
- Now Click On All Apps.
- Click on the Mail application from the application list.
- Now Click on the settings.
- Here, you need to click on the manage accounts.
- Click on the Change Account Settings.
- Now type your new password.
- Click on the Save button.
Enable the IMAP/ Pop3 Servers-
If you can’t add Gmail into the windows 10 mail app, you must check the IMAP/pop3 server settings. You have not activated the IMAP/pop3 servers on Gmail, and that’s why Windows 10 mail can’t connect to Gmail.
- Open the browser.
- Go to the Gmail.com website.
- Sign in to the Gmail account.
- Here, you need to click on the settings.
- Press the see all settings button.
- Now click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Enable the IMAP or pop 3 servers. Whichever incoming server you are using on the mail application.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
Inspect the Incoming & Outgoing servers-
Once the incoming (IMAP or pop3) severs are active on the Gmail account, you must check the mail settings. Ensure that you have set up the Account with the correct server details in the windows 10 mail.
If you don’t know much about incoming and outgoing settings for Gmail, you can use the one given below.
incoming address- imap.gmail.com
Server Port number – 994
Pop 3 server information –
Incoming address- Pop.gmail.com
Port number- 995
SSL Encryption – Yes.
Outgoing (SMTP) server information –
Server address- smtp.gmail.com
Port number- 995
SSL – Yes.
Turn On The Less Secure Apps On The Gmail-
When you use the Gmail account through Imap or Pop3 servers in windows 10 mail, it is very important to enable access for the less secure apps. Otherwise, Gmail will keep blocking the access & you won’t be able to sync it on the windows 10 mail app.
- Launch the browser on your pc.
- Click on the Gmail.com.
- Click on the Sign-in button. Log in to the Gmail account now.
- Press the google profile picture.
- Click on the manage your google account.
- Press the Security Option.
- In the Less Secure App, Click on the Turn on Access (Not Recommended).
- Now Click on the Enable button.
Generate The App Password-
If you are using the two-step security on your Gmail account, you won’t be able to add the Gmail account through the Login password. If you do so? You have to deal with the Gmail not syncing problem on the windows 10 mail app.
In that a case, you have to Generate the app password on Gmail. Now set up the Gmail account in windows 10 mail using this app password.
- Open the Gmail account on the browser.
- Click on Manage your Google account.
- Press the Security Tab.
- Click on the App password.
- Here, you need to select the App and Device.
- Click on the Generate button.
Once you generate the Gmail password, you need to set up the Gmail account by using the new password.
Reconfigure The Gmail account on Windows 10 mail application-
If you have tried all the above steps but still can’t Add Gmail to the windows 10 mail app., you should delete the Gmail account from the windows mail application. Now restart the computer once and set up it again using the exchange servers.
Guide to delete Gmail account from Windows 10 mail app-
- Click on the Start button.
- Press the All Apps button.
- Click on the mail app
- Here, you need to tap on the Settings.
- Click on the Manage Accounts.
- Now click on the Gmail account.
- Click on the Delete Account from this Device.
- Press the Delete button.
Process To Add The Gmail account to Windows 10 mail application –
- After removing the Account from the windows mail application, you need to restart the pc.
- Now Open the Mail application.
- Click On the Settings.
- Now click on the manage account.
- Click on the Add Accounts.
- Here, you need to click on Google from List.
- Now you will be redirected to the Google sign-in page; enter the email address.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now enter your Google password.
- Click on the Sign-in button.
Disable The Proxy Apps –
Sometimes, Windows 10 mail app can’t sync with the Gmail account because of the proxy/ VPN apps. Most probably, The VPN or proxy apps are blocking the connection, and that’s why the mail app won’t sync with the mail application.
So you need to disable all kinds of security apps, including the VPN, Proxy etc. Now try to sync with the Gmail.
Check the Time & Date –
When your Pc is using the incorrect Time & date, you need to set up the Time and date. So you should Go into the time and date settings. Now select the set the region, Time & Time in windows pc.
- Open the settings.
- Click on the Time & Region.
- Here, you need to correct the Time and date.
- Click on the OK button.
Restart the credential services-
If you can’t add Gmail into the windows 10 mail application and keep getting the 0x8007042b error. You need to restart the windows credential services.
- Open the Run box. (Press Windows And R Key Together. )
- Type services.msc in the run box.
- Press the ok button.
- In the services manager window, you need to select credential manager.
- Click on the restart of the service button.
Update The mail application-
Sometimes, Windows 10 mail app is not syncing with Gmail due to the outdated version. The Windows mail application will not have the latest security patches when it is out of date. Due to this, Gmail will not consider it a secure app.
To avoid this error, you must have to update the mail application.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the Library.
- Here, you need to click to click on the update all button.
Update The Windows –
When some internal files are not working on Windows 10, you may have syncing issues. So if you can’t add Gmail into the windows 10 mail app, you need to update the OS.
- Click on the Start.
- Now click on the Settings.
- Press the Update & Security Button.
- Press the Check for Updates.
- Now click on the downloads & Install button.
- Once you install the updates, you need to reboot the computer.
Restore the computer-
After trying all these techniques, If you can’t sync Gmail to the windows 10 mail application. You need to restore the computer to the previous date when Gmail was working fine.
- Open the run box.
- Type CMD.
- Click on the Ok button.
- Type RSTRUI.EXE in the command prompt.
- Press the Enter button.
- Once you see the system restore window, click on the Next button.
- Choose the restore point and click on the next.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Press The Yes option.
Once you make these changes to Windows 10, It will start syncing to the Gmail. In case you still can’t add Gmail into the windows 10 mail. Please uninstall the mail application.