When you are looking for ways to change or reset the yahoo mail password, you must be going through one of these situations.
You have forgotten your previous password, that’s why you can’t sign into the yahoo mail account, or You want to change your password for security reasons.
But the good part is that, If you have access to the recovery options. You can reset the yahoo mail password at any point in time. If you don’t know how to recover the yahoo mail password? Follow this guide till the end.
How To Change The Password On Yahoo Mail Account?
Suppose you are currently logged into the yahoo account and want to change the yahoo mail password due to security reasons. Please follow the steps given below to create a new password.
Create A New Yahoo Password On Computer-
- Open the Browser.
- Go to the mail.yahoo.com.
- Sign in to the yahoo mail account.
- Once you see your mailbox, You need to click on the yahoo profile picture.
- Now Click on the account info button.
- Click on the account security option from the left tab.
- Let’s sign in to your account to verify the account ownership.
- Scroll down and click on the change password button.
- Enter your new yahoo password now. (Always make a strong password)
- Click on the Continue button.
Change The Yahoo Mail Password Using The Android Phone-
- Open the yahoo mail app on your android Phone.
- Tap on the profile picture.
- Now press the settings button.
- Here, you need to tap on the manage accounts button.
- Press the account info button now.
- Now Tap on the security settings option.
- Swipe up and tap on the change password button.
- Enter your new password now
- Finally, press the continue button.
How To Reset The Yahoo Mail Password Using Phone number?
If you have forgotten your yahoo mail password. You have complete freedom to reset your yahoo mail password using the recovery option. Don’t know how? Follow the guide given below.
- Open the mail.yahoo.com website.
- Click on the sign-in button.
- Enter your yahoo username or email address and press the next button.
- Click on the forgot password option.
- Choose the phone number from the Recover mail list, which you have set up for the recovery method.
- Now you will receive a one-time password code on your phone. Type it there and press the next button.
- Finally, you can see the ‘reset password’ window.
- Enter your new password and then click on the continue button.
How To Change the Yahoo mail password Without Phone number?
If you want to reset the yahoo mail password without a phone number, you can use the email as your recovery option.
- Open the yahoo mail sign-in page.
- Enter your email address or username; press the continue button.
- Now click on the forgot password option.
- Pick up the email address for the verification and press next.
- You will receive the OTP code or reset password link on your email.
- Finally, you will get a window to reset the password.
- Further, you may create a new login passcode for your yahoo account.
Change Yahoo Password Using Security Questions
Most yahoo users try to reset their password without a phone number or email. It is surprising to know that it’s possible to change your yahoo mail password without these recovery options. You can quickly recover your yahoo password by answering the security questions. But for that, you must have set up the security question while setting up the account.
- Open the yahoo mail password recovery form on your computer.
- Enter the email address
- Press the continue button.
- Once you see the verification option, you need to click on the security questions.
- Select questions for account verification.
- Now answer the questions flawlessly.
- Finally, you will be able to see the place to choose a new yahoo mail password.
If you don’t have access to any of these recovery options, I feel sorry for you. You won’t be able to reset the password.
What to do if my yahoo account has been hacked?
If someone has accessed your account without your permission. First of all, you should change the yahoo mail password to regain access to your account. h
Now go to the account settings, and check the account recovery options. If you find any known entry in the recovery options. Go ahead and delete it. For a brief detail, you can visit: How to secure my yahoo account from an anonymous person?