Scanning a picture is as simple as scanning the documents. Still, some new brother printer users might find it difficult because They don’t know how to change the file extension and document type in the Printer.
To help them out, I have written a complete guide about how to scan pictures from brother printer to computer. So If anyone wants to scan the pictures by their windows or computer, they can simply use this guide to scan the documents.
How To Scan Pictures From Brother Printer To Windows Computer?
Generally, there are three ways to scan the images from brother printer to windows computer. You can use any one of them.
1. Use The Windows Fax & Scan App-
First, you need to connect the brother printer to the computer Through WIFI or wire connection. Now follow the instructions given below.
- Put the Photo in the brother scanner unit.
- Click on the windows search button.
- Type Windows Fax & scan
- Once, you will see the Windows Fax & Scan app. Click on the open.
- Click on the New Scan button.
- Now you will see a new scan wizard. In the Profile section, select the photo option from the dropdown menu.
- Select the paper size and Color Format.
- Now select the file type As .jpg, .jpeg or Png.
- Press the scan button now.
- Finally, the brother printer will start scanning the pictures.
2. Use the Windows Scan App-
If you are having difficulty scanning the images through the windows fax & scan app, you can use the Windows scan app. You can easily download & install the windows scan app from your computer. Now follow the instructions given below.
- Open the Windows scan app.
- Click on the new button.
- Select the File type as image/ Photo
- Select the file type as JPEG or PNG.
- Press the Scan button.
Finally, your image will be scanned and stored on the windows computer. You may find it in the windows scan folder.
3. Use Brother printer App-
Apart from the windows fax & scan app., you can scan the photos using the brother printer driver or properties.
- Insert the document in the scanner flat.
- Go to the control panel.
- Press the devices & printers.
- Right-click on the brother printer, and click on the start scan.
- Now select the file type As JPEG.
- Choose the paper size as well.
- Finally, press the scan button.
How To Scan Pictures From Brother Printer To Mac Computer?
If you want to scan pictures from Brother printer to mac computer. You can also do that by following the instructions given below.
- First of all, Connect the brother printer to the computer.
- Now Insert the picture into the scanner unit.
- Click on the system preferences.
- Press the Printers & scanners option.
- Here, you need to click on the Scan tab.
- Press the Open Scanner button.
- Now click on the show details button.
- Select the Scan Mode as Photo/Images.
- Choose the format as Jpeg, PNG, etc.
- Now click on the scan button.
Finally, your Printer will start scanning the pictures. in case, If Brother printer won’t scan to the computer. You need to troubleshoot the connection.
How To Scan The Pictures From Brother Printer?
If you want to scan the documents from the brother printer scanning unit. Here is the guide to fixing it. You can apply it to your device.
- Power on the brother printer.
- Insert the Images in the brother scanner unit.
- Press the menu button.
- Click on the Scan option from the menu.
- Now select the document type, file type, and size.
- Press the scan button now.
So you can quickly scan the pictures from the brother printer to the computer by using the windows fax & scan, windows scan, or Brother printer app if you are using the mac computer. You can do it through Printer & scanner unit.