The Netgear range extenders are being used in the big houses, where we need to increase the range of WIFI signals. Generally, these extender works fine but if they stops working due to some glitch, you have to reset them to the factory settings and setup them up again.
Generally, There are two ways to reset the Netgear range extender. Which is called hard reset & soft reset.
In hard reset, you have to press & hold the physical button on the extender. meanwhile in the soft reset process, you just have to reset it through the admin panel or netgear genie program.
If your netgear range extender is not working and you are looking for the way to reset the range extender. Here are the guide to factory restore the settings on the Netgear range extender. you can apply it on your device.
How Do I Reset The Netgear Range Extender?
Reset the Netgear range extender using the Button-
- Plugin the power cable into your netgear range extender.
- Once, you see the steady orange or blue light.
- Press and hold the reset button on the extender for 30 seconds.
- Once the lights will start blinking, you need to release the button.
- Now let your extender reboot itself automatically.
- Once, you will get the steady lights on the extender again, you need to reconnect it to the router again.
Reset the Range Extender Using the Admin Panel-
- Connect the computer to the range extender through wifi or wire.
- Now Open the browser.
- Type the negear range extender’s ip address and press enter. (Generally, the default ip address is: 192.168.1.250 ).
- Log into the admin panel using the username name as admin and password should be password.
- Once you will get into the admin panel, you need to click on the advanced button.
- Here, you need to go to the settings section, click on the factory reset button.
- Now click on the continue button.
Where can I find the ip address of my Netgear range extender?
The Default ip address of netgear range extender is 192.168.1.250. That can be found on the range extender itself. Apart from that, you can also find it by running the ipconfig command on your computer.
- Connect the range extender on the computer through wifi or wireless.
- Now Open the command prompt on your computer.
- Type IPCONFIG command and then press the enter button.
- Now look at the default gateway. that’s your range extenders Ip address.
How Do I Reconnect The Range Extender To The Router?
If you have reset your range extender and now want to connect it again to the wifi router, then for that you have to follow the following procedure.
- Turn on the Range extender.
- Connect it with the computer.
- Now open the browser and then enter the range extender’s ip address or go to the http://mywifiext.net.
- Once, you will see the extender login window, you need to enter the extenders username name and password. Now press the login button.
- Here, you need to click on the setup and then click on the wireless setup.
- Choose your network name from here, and press the next button.
- Now enter the wireless password, and then click on the Connect button.
Finally, your device will start working fine. in case, if you have some other issues. you need to comment down below. there you will definitely find the solution for your computer problems.
You can also visit :