Yahoo mail settings are out of date is a very common error. Generally, this error appears on windows 10 or 11 mail applications, but sometimes it may also pop up on other mail application.
Now some of you might be wondering why yahoo keeps saying settings are out of date and how do we fix it.
Generally, Yahoo settings are out of date error appears because of the outdated login credentials. When you have changed the password for your yahoo account but didn’t update it on the mail application, you will see such an error on your device.
Besides this, Sometimes you may also see it because of the IMAP/Pop3 server settings.
However, the relaxing part is that you can quickly troubleshoot this issue by making the following changes.
You can also visit: how to fix Gmail settings are out of date error on windows 10?
How To Fix Yahoo Mail Settings Are Out Of Date Error?
Update the yahoo password on the windows mail app-
When you see the yahoo email settings are out of date error, you need to click on the fix button. Here, windows will ask you to enter the login password. So you need to enter the yahoo mail password and click the sign-in button. You can reset the yahoo password if you don’t know the password. After that, you need to update it.
- Press the windows button.
- Click on the All Apps.
- Now click on the Mail app.
- Press the fix Account button available in the top corner.
- Now enter your yahoo password.
- Press the sign-in button now.
Setup the IMAP Settings Properly-
When your yahoo account is not working on the windows 10 mail app., you need to check the IMAP settings. Most probably, the IMAP settings are incorrect. That’s why the yahoo account showing settings are outdated error. So make sure that the IMAP settings are matching to the following details.
IMAP account information –
Server name – imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port number – 993
SSL – Yes.
In case you don’t know how to manage the yahoo mail settings on the windows 10 mail app., here are the instructions for that.
- Open the windows 10 mail app.
- Now click on the settings.
- Now click on the manage account.
- Here, you need to click on the yahoo account.
- Now press the advanced settings button.
- Finally, you will be able to see the IMAP server information. Make sure that it is matching to the above settings.
- After changing the settings, you can press the save button.
If you are getting outgoing server-related errors, you need to visit: why is yahoo SMTP not working?
Remove The Yahoo Account & Setup It Again –
Let’s remove the yahoo account from the phone and re-add the mail account on the windows 10 mail app.
- Open the Windows mail app.
- Click on the Settings.
- Press the Manage accounts.
- Now click on the yahoo account.
- Here, you need to click on the Delete account from this device.
- Now restart the computer.
- Now open the windows mail app again.
- Go back to the manage accounts >> Now click on the add account.
- Click on the Yahoo.
- Enter your Yahoo account and click on the next button.
- Now enter your yahoo mail password and click on the sign-in button.
Finally, your yahoo mail account will be configured on the windows 10 mail app.
Reset the Mail app –
if you have tried all these steps but the yahoo mail account is still showing settings are out of date error on windows 10 mail app., you need to reset the mail app. Now remove the account and then set up the account again.
- Open the Settings.
- Click on the Apps.
- Now click on the Mail App.
- Here, you need to click on the Reset button.
- Now click on the Reset button.
Once you change these settings on the windows mail, yahoo mail will start syncing the mail settings. In case your account is having some other issues with your yahoo account. Please visit the following articles.