Do you want to connect a brother printer to the Mac computer but don’t know how to do that? Well, that’s very easy. Although, the connection process is described in the printer manual. But If you find it challenging to understand the setup process. Here is the easy guide to connect the brother printer to the Mac.
Generally, there are two ways to connect the brother printer to the iMac or MacBook. You can use the conventional method to set up the Printer into the iMac.
- Wireless method.
- Wired method.
What is the requirement to connect the Brother printer to mac computer?
Before I share the instructions to set up the brother printer on the Mac computer, you just need to know about the basic requirements for the connection.
- USB cable/ ethernet- If you want to connect the Printer to the iMac through cable.
- Wireless password- If you want to connect the Printer from a mac pc through the wireless network. You must have a wireless password. So you can connect the printer & mac pc to the same network.
- Printer driver- You need a brother printer DMZ setup to install the Printer into the mac pc.
- Active network connection- you must have the accessibility of an active network connection.
- Admin password for the mac pc- A mac will ask you to enter the admin password for installing the Brother printer driver. So, make sure, you have that.
If you have all these details with you. Here is the guide to connect the mac computer to the brother printer.
You can also visit: How to connect Brother printer to iPhone?
How Do I connect the brother wireless printer to the Mac computer?
Step 1- Power on the devices-
- Power on the wireless router.
- Turn on the brother printer as well.
- Now boot up the mac pc.
Wait until you see the steady lights on the router, home screen on the mac pc & Printer.
Step 2- Connect the Printer to the wireless network –
Once your devices are on, you need to connect the brother printer to the wireless network.
- Press the home or menu button.
- Go to the network.
- Select the WLAN option and then click on the ok button.
- Click on the setup wizard.
- If you see the enable WLAN option. Click on the Yes.
- Choose the wireless name and then press the ok button again.
- Now enter the wireless password.
- Press the ok button.
If your brother printer can’t connect to the wireless network. Please examine the wireless password or try to connect it through the WPS method.
Step 3- Connect the mac pc to the wireless network –
After connecting the brother to the wireless network, it’s time to connect the mac computer to the same wireless network.
- Click on the Network icon access from the top menu.
- Click on your wireless name.
- Now enter the Wireless password and press the ok button.
Finally, your Printer will be connected to the wireless network.
Step 4- Add Printer into the Mac –
Once your Printer & Mac is connected to the wireless network, it’s time to add the Printer to the mac pc.
- Open system preferences.
- Click on the print & fax (Printers & scanners) option.
- Press the plus button available below.
- Now you will see the list of available Printers, you need to select your Printer.
- Click on the add button.
How do I Connect Brother Printer to the wireless network through USB wire?
If you use the USB printer and want to connect it through the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac. Here are the guides for that.
Connect the Printer to the Brother printer-
Firstly, if you want to set up the brother printer to the Mac computer, you have to create a connection like this.
- Take a USB cable.
- Connect it from the brother printer to the Mac pc.
- Now Power on the Printer & Mac pc.
After connecting a brother printer to the Mac pc, It’s time to install the printer driver. To do that, you need to go to the brother’s office website and download the driver for your Printer.
Once the driver gets downloaded, you need to open it and install the driver into the mac pc.
- Open the brother printer driver setup.
- Enter the admin password for Mac.
- Please accept the license for the brother printer and then click on the next.
- Choose the connection type as Local printer USB connection.
- Once the Mac detects the USB printer and clicks on the Next button.
- Now a driver installation window will pop up on the home screen.
- Click on the continue button.
- Once you see the license agreement, you need to click on the agree button.
- Now click on the install button.
- Finally, your printer driver will be installed on the computer.
- Once you see the successful installation message, you need to click on the continue button.
- Now click on the Add a printer button.
- Select the brother USB printer and then click on the add button.
Finally, your MacBook will be connected to the brother printer. You can give a test print command to examine the connection.
FAQ’s Related to the Brother Printer on mac computer –
How do I connect brother printer to Mac without CD?
If you want to install the brother printer to the Mac without CD, you can easily do it by downloading the Brother driver from the official website. So go to the brother support website, and click on the download and support tab.
Now choose the Printer model number and then Look for the printer driver setup for MAC os. Once you find the driver, you need to download it and install It on your computer.
How to Uninstall and reinstall the brother printer On Mac?
You can easily add or remove the brother printer from Mac by going into the print and scan section. (If you are using the Old Mac Os, you might see it as print & Fax or Printer & scanner).
Remove/uninstall brother printer on Mac-
- Open the system preference on a Mac computer.
- Go to the Print & Fax, Print & scan, or Printer & scanner option.
- Select the brother printer
- Click on the – button to remove it.
Add brother printer on Mac-
- Open the System preferences.
- Go to the Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printer & scanner option.
- Press the + button.
- Search for your Printer, and then click on the add button.