The Hp laptop won’t turn on, can be one of the most irritating problems when you have urgent work. This issue can come in both old and new laptops. This problem can be caused by both hardware and software.
In this article, you can find all the possible reason that is not turning on your hp laptop. Read below all the solutions and apply them to fix the hp laptop won’t turn issue.
Steps to fix Windows 10 Hp laptop won’t turn on
You can restart a sudden turned-off laptop. In case of not turning on you don’t know what to do. Below are few instructions which may help to turn on your Hp laptop. These steps may or may not be work. So, go to the next steps if the previous one doesn’t work.
Check your laptop charger
A faulty charger may be a very common reason that your Hp laptop won’t start. The charger may get an issue and it stops charging the battery. A drained battery can never start a laptop.
To confirm and fix this issue you have to use another charger on your laptop. The charger should be the same power and connecting PIN. If your charger is working fine on another laptop go to the next step.
May be laptop battery has a fault
If your laptop charger is working and still won’t charge the battery, then check the battery. Maybe your laptop battery is not able to take the load of the laptop. To confirm remove the battery and connect the charger to your laptop. Now try to turn on the laptop. If it’s starting windows means the battery is dead.
You can also use the same battery on another laptop. See the battery is letting you turn on the laptop or not.
Further, if this laptop is also not turning on, replace the battery. Always use the original Hp battery and buy from an authorized service place.
Loose connectors won’t turn on your Hp laptop
Charging connectors are made by this metal sheet. It may bend or loose if not connecting carefully. A loose connector also causes of short circuit and won’t turn on the laptop. To avoid this issue check the loose connectors and replace them.
Reset the motherboard power
To reset the complete charge from the motherboard can fix starting issue. Reset the complete power from the Hp laptop follow the steps below:
- Remove the battery from your laptop and plug in the charger.
- Press the power button to turn on your Hp laptop.
- Now shut down and unplug the charger from your laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to drain stored power from the laptop.
- Next, release the power button and connect the charger.
- Try to turn on your laptop.
- If it is working fine then shut down and connect the battery to your laptop.
Check the RAM of the laptop
Display issue connects with RAM. It means RAM has an issue if you can hear spinning noise but won’t see anything. To check RAM issue follow the steps:
- Unplug the charger and turn off your laptop.
- Remove the back lid cover and find the RAM slots.
- Remove one RAM if you have two RAM installed on your laptop.
- Now, try to start your laptop with one RAM and check the display.
- The same things do with second RAM.
- If it is working fine otherwise installed a new RAM in the laptop.
Apply BIOS battery settings
Change in BIOS battery settings also won’t turn on the laptop. To reset the settings follow the steps below:
- Restart your hp laptop and keep pressing the Esc
- Press F10from Startup Menu to open the BIOS Setup Utility.
- Move to the Advancedmenu and then select Power Management.
- Drop-down the menu to view, and then select a Battery Health Manager.
- Select below battery health from below options:
- Maximize my battery health: Apply this setting if the charger always connected to the laptop. This setting maximizes battery health by the low charge.
- Let HP manage my battery charging: Apply this setting if your laptop works in a random environment. In this setting, the Hp laptop self decides the charging capacity for the battery.
- Maximize my battery duration: In this settings charger will starts charging only if the battery level is below 95%. Charging will stop if the battery would 100% charge.
Hp laptop won’t turn on due to processor issue
A faulty processor won’t turn on the laptop. There may be charging and power light emitting but your laptop can’t turn on.
You have to replace the processor to fix the issue. This is the only way to fix it.
A processor mostly gets damage due to its fan issue. The processor fan must be running freely without any noise. It should clean and connected properly with the heat sink. You can apply the below steps also to avoid the heating issue:
- Open the back lid of the laptop and remove the processor fan.
- Clean the Processor fan and motherboard and then install it back in.
- However, three short beeps and one long beep shows hardware problems with the processor.
Check The Power Button
Do not forget to check the Power button? Most of the time, People are unable to power on their laptops due to this button.
You should do the following steps to repair the hp laptop power button.
- After pressing the power button laptop always produces a clicking sound. If not, you need to replace the power button.
- Let’s remove the power button top and clean the original switch with the help of an eraser.
- After following all these steps, if your laptop doesn’t turn on, change the power cardof your hp laptop. You can quickly get it online by typing the model number of your computer.
Hp laptop won’t turn on if power IC failure
Power IC operates all the works related to the power supply on your laptop. If the power stop working you can not turn on or charge your laptop.
In such a case, visit the nearest hp service center and ask them to repair it.
So, these are the instructions about how to fix the hp printer that doesn’t turn on the problem.
I hope your laptop would work fine and this article helps you. Further, you may ask in the comment box if there are any questions.