The Hp Printers are generally set up for printing the A4 size paper, but they can print the custom size papers. Before printing the custom pages, you must change the paper size from print settings on windows or mac computers. So you can get the appropriate print on the documents.
So if you want to print the documents in some specific format but don’t know how to change the paper size on the hp printer? You can go through this tutorial to make the changes to the paper size.
Here, I have shared the process to change the paper size into the windows or mac computer. You can select the guide according to the OS you are using on your computer.
How to change the paper size on the windows 10 computer?
If you are using a Windows computer, there are two ways to change the paper size on the hp printer.
Method 1- Make a custom paper size from printer properties-
- Turn on the printer and computer.
- Connect the hp printer to the computer.
- Now open the document that you want to print.
- Now press the CTRL +P to print the document. (You can also do that by clicking on files and pressing the print option.)
- Here, you need to select the hp printer and then press the preferences or printer properties button.
- Click on the paper quality tab.
- Here, you need to choose the paper size from the drop-down menu. After that, click on the ok button.
If you want to create a custom paper size, you need to press the custom button and enter the dimensions for paper.
Method 2- Modify the paper size from the devices & printers-
- Open the run window. (press CTRL + R simultaneously).
- Enter control in the run box and then press the ok button.
- Now click on the devices and printers option.
- You need to right-click on the hp printer and then click on the printer properties.
- In the general section, you need to click on the preference button.
- Now press the paper quality tab.
- Select the paper size from the drop-down menu. If you don’t find the right choice, you need to press the custom button and enter the dimensions.
- Click on the ok button.
How To change the paper size on the Hp printer on a Mac computer?
If you want to change the paper size on the Mac computer, You can do it by using the guide given below.
- First of all, you need to load the custom paper on the printers tray.
- Now open the document or image that you want to print.
- Click on the files button.
- Now press the page setup button.
- Click on the manage custom paper sizes and click on the ok button.
How To Set paper size on hp printer on Ipad?
If you want to set a custom paper size on a hp printer on an iPad or iphone, you can use these tricks.
- Open the document or image you want to print.
- Tap on the menu (…) icon.
- Click on the paper size.
- Now choose the paper size you want. If you want a custom size, you need to press the custom button.
- Now setup the dimensions for the paper size.
How to change the paper type on the hp printer app?
If you want to change the type on the hp smart app, please follow the steps given below.
- Open the Hp Smart App.
- Click on the Settings.
- Press add/setup a printer.
- Tap on the Tray and paper.
- Check adjust settings in advance.
- Finally, you need to press the apply to save settings.
So these are the steps to adjust the paper settings on the hp printer. If you are having some trouble with the printer. Please comment down below, and we will assist you with that.
You Can Also Read: