There are many reasons why you might have to change the password for your Netflix account. You might forget it and want to login your Netflix into another device. Maybe someone is using your Netflix and you want to kick it off. Your Netflix got an update and it is asking for login again.
Whatever is the reason you can easily reset your Netflix password by following the instructions. In case you want to know only your Netflix password then read  How To See Your Netflix Password While Logged In.
How To Change Netflix Password On PC Browser
- Open a browser on your computer and type www.Netflix.com.
- Click on Sign in and log in to your Netflix account.
- Go to your profile icon from the top right corner.
- A drop-down menu will open. Click on Account.
- Click on Change Password from Membership & Billing section.
- Enter your existing Netflix password in the Current Password area.
- Type your New Password & repeat it at Confirm new password block.
- Checkmark on ‘Require all devices to sign in again with new password‘.
- Click on Save & your Netflix password has been changed.
Your Netflix account will log out from everywhere previously you have used. Further, you have to log in to your Netflix again with the new password.
Reset Netflix Password From Mobile App
- Open the Netflix app on your phone or iPad.
- Click on More from the bottom of the screen.
- A menu will appear. Find & click on “Account“.
- The account settings page will open on the screen.
- Click on Change password.
- Now enter the current password and new password.
- Click on Save.
You will Sign out automatically from the Netflix app. You need to sign in again with your new password.
How To Change Netflix Password On TV
- Open the Netflix app on your TV.
- Login with Netflix email & password.
- Click on the down arrow beside your name avatar from the top right corner.
- A drop-down menu will open on the screen.
- Click on Account from that menu.
- Use your TV remote and go to the Change Password option.
- Click on it and then the change password menu will open.
- Type your existing password as well as the new password on the space given there.
- Click on Save & it will sign out.
- Sign in again to your Netflix with the new password.
Change Netflix Password If Not Able To Login
How do you change your Netflix password if you can’t access the setting page? OR You do forget your Netflix password. Here you have to use your phone number or email id to reset the Netflix password.
Reset Netflix Password Via Text Message or Phone Number
Recovering a Netflix password using a phone is one of the fastest ways to change your Netflix password. You need only your phone number, which is linked to your Netflix account.
- Open the web browser on your computer or mobile phone.
- Go to https://www.netflix.com/loginhelp and select Text Message (SMS).
- Enter the phone number that is in your Netflix account and click on Text Me.
- You will get a verification code on that number, and the screen will change to enter that code.
- Type the code in the box & it will ask you to type a new password.
- Enter your new password on the box and save it.
- Now your Netflix password has been changed.
Further, you have to log in again to Netflix on your TV by using the new password.
Change Your Netflix Password By Using Email
- Use any computer or mobile phone and open https://www.netflix.com/loginhelp.
- Select the Email and enter your email id registered with your Netflix account.
- After typing the email, click on Email me.
- You will get a Netflix password reset link in the inbox of your email.
- You should also check the spam folder in case you don’t get the email in your inbox. Sometimes it can take longer than usual to receive the email, so wait for a few minutes.
- Open your email and click on the Netflix reset link.
- A new window will open and ask you to enter a new password.
- You need to type a new Netflix password that does not match with the old one.
- Sometimes password reset links won’t work due to saved old cookies. You need to delete old Netflix cookies by clicking http://www.netflix.com/clearcookies.
- Further, repeat the process again from starting after clearing browser cookies.
Note: The Netflix password reset link expires after 24 hours. So, ready to use your password reset link it before expiry. In case your link is expired, create a new password reset link by the same steps.
Get Netflix Password Using Billing Information
How do you reset your Netflix password if don’t have the phone number or email id?
There is one more way to change the Netflix password without your email and phone. You can recover your Netflix account password by using your Netflix billing information. Your account details are saved in Netflix servers if you have ever taken Netflix service. They can provide your account access on behalf of your billing details. Follow the steps below to get your Netflix account via billing details:
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile and type https://www.netflix.com/loginhelp.
- Now, select “I don’t remember my email or phone” OR “I can’t remember my email address or phone number”.
- You will get three boxes on the screen.
- Enter the information required there. Information will be your first and last name on the Netflix account, also the Credit or debit card number on file.
- Click on Find Account.
- It will search your account on the Netflix database using your name, credit, or debit card details.
- In case if the data get a match, it will give your account access.
Note: If you have used any other third-party mode of payment apart from credit or debit card, please contact Netflix from https://help.netflix.com/en/contact.
You can reset your Netflix password with or without login into your account. Netflix will sign out to all devices as soon as the password is changed. You will have to log in to all the devices again using the new password. So, this is the best way to secure the account if you think that someone else is also using your Netflix.