Do you want to set up the Gmail account in Windows 10 mail app? But don’t know how to add it? Do not worry; follow the instructions given in this article to set up the Google account in the windows mail app?
The account setup process on windows mail is straightforward and offers two ways to add the mail account.
Sign in using google: Through this method, you can add your account by sign into the Gmail account. You don’t have to use third-party incoming & outgoing servers.
IMAP /POP3 Account: If you want to set up the google account using the IMAP or pop3 account. Windows mail also offers you to do so.
How Do I Add Gmail To Windows 10 Mail App-
If you want to set up a Gmail account on the windows 10 mail app. Here are the steps for that.
- Click on the windows search button.
- Type Mail in the search box.
- Now you will see the mail app in search results, Click on this app.
- Click on the Settings icon accessible from the bottom left-side corner.
- Now press the manage accounts button.
- Choose the add account option now.
- Select the Gmail from the list.
- Now you will be forwarded to the gmail login page, where you need to type the email address and press the next button.
- Now insert your Google (Gmail) Password and press the sign-in button.
- Press the allow on the service access agreement.
Finally, your account will be synced to the mail app.
Once you have add your Gmail account successfully, It may take a few minutes to Download the data from the servers.
So do not panic, if it Gmail is missing some emails on the windows 10 mail app.
Configure Google account using IMAP or pop server-
If you can’t add a Gmail account to the windows 10 Mail app or showing authentication error. You should take a chance to add it via imap server. To do that, you need to turn on the imap/pop servers on the Gmail account. now configure the account by adding this information.
Server address- imap.gmail.com (for IMAP server)
pop.gmail.com (for pop server)
For that, First, you need to enable the pop or IMAP server from the Gmail settings. Now follow these steps.
- Go back to the manage accounts option on the windows 10 mail. (Start >> All Apps >> Mail >> Settings)
- Click on add accounts.
- Select the advanced option (IMAP/POP account),
- Click on the internet email (pop and imap accounts).
- Enter the email address and login password and push the sign-in button.
- Type your incoming server address and outgoing server address.
- Choose the account Type as Imap/pop3. (whatever version are you using).
- Press the sign-in button now.
Finally, your Gmail account will be added to the windows 10 mail app. In case, if windows mail can’t sync with the google account. you need to generate the app password On Gmail. Now setup the Gmail account in windows 10 mail using the app password.
FAQ’s Related To The Gmail Account Setup On Windows 10 Mail Application-
How to Get the Gmail Settings For Windows 10 Mail App?
When you want to configure the Gmail account on the windows 10 mail application. you can do it using the imap/pop3 server. Here are the settings for the Gmail account.
Imap server settings-
incoming address- Imap.gmail.com
Port no – 993
SSL – Yes
POP3 Server Settings –
Incoming address- pop.gmail.com
Port no – 995
SSL – Yes.
SMTP Server Settings-
Outgoing address- smtp.gmail.com
Port no – 465
SSL – Yes.
How To Allow Windows Mail to access Gmail?
If you have added the google account with the correct settings but google won’t allow you to access the account through windows 10 mail application. here are the guide to fix the problems.
- Open The Gmail account and sign in account.
- Click on the manage your account info.
- Now click on the security.
- Go to the Allow Less secure apps.
- Enable the less secure app for your device .
Note- This feature is no longer available in the Recent Gmail version.
How To Enable The IMAP & POP 3 Server On The Gmail Account?
- Open the Gmail.com
- Sign Into Gmail Account.
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on the imap/pop3 and forwarding tab.
- Enable the Imap Or POP servers.
- Press the save changes.
Also read: how to fix Gmail not receiving emails problem.