You can not delete videos that you have not uploaded to Facebook. Only can delete or edit your own photos and videos. Sometimes people tag you in their photos or videos. The tagged photos will show on your newsfeed as well as your profile. In that case, you need to remove yourself from that post tag. After removing the tag it won’t show on your feed.
Steps To Delete Videos On Facebook
Facebook has changed its policy regarding deleting a video or photo. Now you can not permanently delete a video. After removing it will go to the trash or recycle bin for 30 days. Later 30 days, it will delete automatically. The purpose is that you can recover any video from the trash if it has been deleted accidentally.
Delete Facebook Video Using Desktop Or Laptop
- Go to Facebook.com.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on your profile page.
- Scroll down to find the video that you have uploaded but want to delete.
- Tap on (…) three horizontal dots from the top right corner of the video post.
- A pop-up menu will open. Select Move to Recycle bin and click on Move.
- Your video will move to Recycle bin and won’t show on your profile.
- You can delete or restore it later from the Activity log in your settings.
From Facebook App
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Go to your Profile page.
- Scroll down to the video that you want to remove.
- Tap three dots and a pop-up menu will come up.
- Click on the Move to trash option.
- A confirmation message will prompt. Tap on Move to confirm the delete.
- Your video would remove from your feed.
Further, you can access that video from the Activity log in your settings. It will stay there for 30 days.
How To Delete Facebook Videos On iPhone
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Go to the profile and then scroll down to the video.
- Click on the three dots from the top right corner.
- A drop-down menu will open.
- Tap on Delete to remove your video.
How To Delete Live Video From Facebook
Live video also goes to your profile page. It is the same as other videos uploaded by you earlier. You can find your live video on your profile page after finishing it. Further, apply the same above steps to delete this live video.
What To Do If Can’t See Delete Option From A Facebook Post
You can’t find the delete button if the post is not yours. It is uploaded by someone else. Later you can remove your tag from that post only. If the post is against your personal activity or vulgarity, you can report Facebook to take it down. But I want to make sure Facebook only takes down content that is against its TOS.
Remove Facebook Tag
- Go to the tagged Facebook post.
- Click on three horizontal dots.
- Tap on Remove Tag and it won’t show on your wall and to your friends.
- The post will remain stable with the owner and other tags. Only it won’t show on your wall.
Report A Facebook Video To Remove
- Open that video you want to take it down.
- Click on three dots from the top right corner.
- Select Report Video from the menu.
- Next, you need to select the reason why you want to take it down.
- Click on Submit after selecting the proper reason.
Your report has been submitted and reviewed by the Facebook team.