There was a time when we used to write our daily tasks on Paper, which could be either the diary or the daily planner. But nowadays, outlook mail is offering the task feature. Where you can write your daily or weekly tasks. Not only this, you can share it with your collogues, friends, or employees.
Do you want to know How to create or assign a task in outlook?
Here is the complete tutorial for that. After reading it, you can create the Task in outlook webmail or application. Also, you will learn how to share it online with your teammates.
How To Create A Task In Outlook?
Before we learn how to assign a task in outlook, let’s know how to create a task. For that, you need to follow the instructions given below.
Create a Task In Outlook Webmail-
- Let’s Open The Browser.
- Go to the Outlook.com
- Press the Sign in button and log into the outlook account.
- Now Click on the To-do icon available in the Left-corner.
- Press The Task Button.
- Now Type your Task in the Add a task form.
- Click on the add button.
- Select the Day Or time, If you want.
Add A Task In Outlook Mail Application-
- Open the Outlook Application.
- Click on the New Items
- Press the Task option.
- Type your subject.
- Now Enter the other details related to the Task.
- Set the time and date.
- Click on the Save and Close button.
How to assign a task in outlook?
For Outlook webmail –
If you want to assign a task in outlook webmail but don’t know how to do that? Here is the guide for you.
- Open the outlook mail.
- Click on the To-do list.
- Press the Outlook option.
- Click on the Task list.
- Now press the Assign to button.
- Select the Email address to which you want to assign the email address.
- Click on the done button.
For Outlook 2016, outlook 365, or 2019 Applications –
If you are using outlook 365 or another version, you can easily assign the Task by following the instructions below.
- Open the Outlook App.
- Click on the Tasks option.
- Now select the Task from the list.
- Click on the Assign Task button.
- Here, you need to Enter the email address.
- Click on the Ok button.
Why Can’t I see anyone in the Assign to List?
You can only assign the Task to members on the outlook contact list if you don’t see an email address in the Assign to list. You should go ahead and add the email address to the contact list. Now go back to the task list. Here, you can assign the contact.
Also, if you want to add someone’s email address to the Task list, you can share the task list with your friends or collogues.
How Can I Share The Task List In Outlook?
If you want to share the task list in outlook webmail. Here is the guide to fixing the problem. You can apply it on your device.
For outlook webmail-
- Open the Outlook webmail on the browser.
- Sign in to the Outlook account.
- Click on the To-Do List.
- Now click on the task list.
- Press the share button available on the right side.
- Now you can see the share link. you can copy it and share it with your friends.
- You need to click on the Invite Via Email if you want to send it directly via the link.
- Now enter the person’s email address and click on the send button.
For Outlook Application –
- Open the Outlook list.
- Go to the Task list.
- Click on the share button available in the to-do bar.
- Now Enter your email address here and then click on the ok button.
Finally, the outlook details will be shared.