Email filters help organize your emails in the mailbox. With its help of it, you can categorize where your incoming emails should go. Let’s say you are receiving too many junk emails in your yahoo mail inbox. You can create a filter and land them in the junk/spam folder.
So if you want to create a filter in yahoo mail to sort the incoming messages but don’t know how to do that? Do not worry; here is the guide for you.
Let’s understand the Functionality of Filter –
Before I teach you how to create email filter in yahoo mailIf you are not receiving emails on the yahoo mail account after creating the filter, you need to re-check the mail filters., you must be familiar with its functions.
Filter name- This is nothing but just a filter name. So you can quickly identify your filter later. So constantly give the relative name.
Set Rules – Set rules allow you to create a rule. So yahoo bots can quickly sort the messages according to your condition. Generally, there are 4 types of set rules available.
From – If you want to sort the emails from a specific person. You can select this condition.
To/CC – If you want to filter only those emails in which your email address is mentioned in CC. So you can use this condition.
Subject- When you target an email with a specific word in the subject. You can use this filter.
Body – If you have a specific word in the content section. You can select and target them in your account.
How to create a filter in yahoo mail?
Creating filters in Yahoo mail accounts is very easy; there is no rocket science. It doesn’t matter if you are tech friendly; if you follow these steps correctly, you can create your own email filter in your mail account.
- Open the browser on your computer.
- Go to the mail.yahoo.com.
- Enter the login details to get into the yahoo mail account.
- Once you are logged into the yahoo mail account, click on the settings.
- Now click on more settings.
- Here, you need to press the Filters option from the left menu.
- Click on the Add New Filters.
- Please type your filter name; keep it relative. So you can identify the filter quickly.
- In the set rules section, you need to choose the condition. Let’s ask if you want to move the insurance or promotional emails into the junk. You can select the contains a condition. Here you need to enter the keywords like- sale, insurance, and premium.
- To choose a move to a folder location, you need to select the folder where you want to move the incoming messages.
- Finally, click on the save button.
How to create a mail filter in the yahoo mail android app?
If you want to create a mail filter in yahoo mail on an android phone. You can follow the instructions given below.
- Open the yahoo mail App.
- Tap on the yahoo profile icon.
- Swipe up and click on the filters button.
- Now tap on your email account.
- Here, you need to tap on the + button.
- Now enter the Filter name.
- Select the condition.
- Now choose the move this message to location.
- Click on the Check sign available in the top right corner.
How To Create a filter in Yahoo mail on iphone?
- Open the yahoo mail app.
- Tap on the profile icon.
- Now tap on the settings.
- Here, you need to tap on the filters.
- Select the yahoo email account.
- Click on the + icon.
- Now enter the condition to filter the email.
- Select the move this message to location.
- Click on the done button.
If you are not receiving emails on the yahoo mail account after creating the filter, you need to re-check the mail filters.