Is your yahoo inbox filled with junk/ spam mail? Are you looking for a way to take over the control of junk emails in your yahoo account?
Do not worry; I can help you with that.
In the modern tech edge, We all are irritated with junk emails. It doesn’t matter; we use Yahoo, Gmail, or whichever email platform. You can always become a victim of spam mail anytime.
Now some of you might be wondering, Why am I suddenly getting lots of spam emails from Yahoo?
Generally, it happens when you subscribe to some newsletters or give permission to a website to send you a sales or promotional offer.
How to Block spam emails in Yahoo Mail?
When you get lots of junk emails in your yahoo mail account, you can block them by taking these three actions.
- Block the sender.
- Create a filter to block spam mail.
- Unsubscribe to the newsletter and email address.
Here I am going to explain all of them one by one. You can follow it on your device.
1. Block The Email Address –
Whenever you get lots of junk emails in your yahoo account, you should check the source of those emails if they are coming from a single email address. You can block their email address.
So now on, if they will send you such emails. It will directly jump into the spam folder, and the inbox folder will remain Cleaned.
To block the email address, you can follow the instructions given below.
- Let’s go to mail.yahoo.com on your pc.
- Sign in to the yahoo email account.
- Click on the settings icon.
- Now click on the More settings.
- Press the security and privacy option from the Left menu.
- Press the Add button available in the blocked addresses section.
- Now enter the email address from which you get too many junk emails.
- Click on the Save button.
2. Unsubscribe to the email address-
When you subscribe to the newsletters or promotional offers on the other website, they will keep sending you such emails. Due to this, your inbox might be filled with garbage.
Meanwhile, you always have a choice to unsubscribe to those emails. Don’t know how to do that? Here are the tricks for that.
- First of all, you need to open a yahoo mail account.
- Click on the junk email.
- Now scroll down.
- Click on the unsubscribe button.
3. Block Junk Emails Through Mail Filters-
You can block multiple junk emails by creating a mail filter if you get multiple junk emails from different sources.
To do that, first, you should read the messages carefully to find out what is common in them. In this kind of email. You must find common words like- Sales, Offer, buy Insurance, etc.
Once you identify these keywords in the junk email, you should create an email filter. Here is the guide to creating junk email.
- Open the yahoo mail account.
- Click on the settings button.
- Now click on the more settings.
- Press the filters option from the left menu.
- Click on the Add new filter.
- Enter the filter name.
- Enter those keywords in the filter body & subject.
- Click on the Save button.
How to block spam emails on yahoo mobile?
Suppose you want to block the spam emails on the yahoo mobile apps. You can do it by unsubscribing the emails and creating a mail filter.
Unfortunately, there is no option to block the email address in the yahoo mobile app, so if you want to block the emails by creating a filter. Here is the guide for that.
- Open the yahoo mail app.
- Tap on the profile picture.
- Press the settings.
- Now tap on the filters.
- Click on the email address.
- Here, you need to click on the + button.
- Now you can create your mail filter on mobile.
You can also read: