Yahoo mail has always been the first choice of middle-aged people. Because the interface of Yahoo Mail is straightforward as compared to other email service providers.
Perhaps, for this reason, hackers are targeting Yahoo mail accounts more these days. If we agree to research, then every day, around 7-10% of Yahoo accounts are becoming victims of hacking all over the world.
Have you ever wondered why this is happening and why hackers are making Yahoo accounts a victim? Well, that’s because the mid-aged generation is not a tech-savvy generation.
Here in this blog, we will discuss how we can secure a yahoo account from an anonymous person. So if you are using a yahoo account with low security, go ahead and increase the security level.
How To Recognize If My Account Is Unsecure?
When you cannot access the yahoo mail account, you need to make sure that your account is working perfectly.
- Can’t sign into yahoo mail account.
- Yahoo Mail not receiving emails.
- Getting account password has been changed.
- Getting suspicious login notifications.
- Emails are missing from yahoo mail account.
How to secure my yahoo mail account from an anonymous Person?
Setup the strong password –
Passwords are the primary key to logging into the yahoo account. If you keep a weak password, that is easy to guess. You should never consider yourself secure. So you should change the yahoo password.
You should always use characters, numbers, and symbols when creating a password. Also, you should always ignore common words and numbers like- your name, DOB, etc. To change the yahoo mail password, follow the instructions below.
- Open the yahoo mail account.
- Click on the ‘Yahoo profile picture‘ available at the top right corner of the mailbox.
- Click on the yahoo ‘account info’ link.
- You need to click on the ‘security’ tab in the yahoo account info section in the left corner.
- Click on the ‘change password’.
- Now enter the ‘new password’.
- Click on the ‘continue’ button.
Keys to remember while creating a new password –
- Never use your name, DOB, and personal information in the password.
- Do not use the sequence numbers and phone numbers in the password. These things are easy to guess.
- Passwords should be a minimum of 10-12 characters long.
Sign out of the account from unrecognized devices –
Once you make a new password, it’s time to review the recent activity section. Here, if you find that your account has been logged into an unknown browser or device. You need to sign it out from there.
- Open the yahoo mail account.
- Go to the ‘Account info’.
- Click on the ‘Recent Activity’.
- Scroll down to reach the ‘connected devices & apps’ section; Here, you need to look at the device info section.
- Press the ‘sign-out’ button available next to the device.
Update the Account Recovery options –
When it comes to protecting our yahoo account from anonymous people, we only think of creating a strong password. At the same time, we ignore reviewing the account recovery options.
Due to this, many intelligent hackers set up their phone numbers or email address in the recovery options. So they can easily hack your yahoo mail account with the help of it. That’s why you should never ignore the recovery option.
- Log into the yahoo mail account.
- Click on the ‘Account info’.
- Now click on ‘Account security’.
- Check the ‘recovery options’ now if you find a wrong email address or phone number here. You should ‘delete’ it immediately and update it.
Enable Two-Step Security –
Whenever you think of securing a yahoo mail account from an anonymous person, passwords will not be enough. You should also enable the two-step security on your yahoo mail account.
Two-step security is an advanced layer of security. Yahoo Account sends OTP to your registered phone number and email address whenever you sign in to the account on a new device. You can sign in to your Yahoo account once you add it to your device.
To enable the two-step security, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Log into the ‘yahoo mail’ account.
- Go to ‘account security’.
- Enter the ‘yahoo password’ if needed.
- Click on the ‘Two-step security’.
- Press the ‘turn-on‘ button.
Don’t connect your account with third-party websites & Apps –
If you want to secure your yahoo mail account from an anonymous person, you should always ignore it to connect it through third-party websites or apps. When you connect the yahoo account with these websites. They have the authority to modify the account details. Due to this, they can easily hijack your account.
You can create a secondary account to keep yourself secure. Now, you can use this account whenever you need to sign in anywhere.
Don’t login your account on public devices or network –
Public networks and devices are never considered secure. Because they are being used by multiple users every day. Due to this, there are high chances of vulnerability. That’s why I will always suggest that you avoid signing in to your account on a public network.